Monday, July 1, 2013

Party Planning Possibilities

Happy July!

Yesterday, June 30, was the reporting deadline on fundraising efforts for the first quarter. Funny how some people think money is a measure of one's viability as a candidate. I like to think a candidate's work and community experience is a better measure than the money in the coffers. Lucky for Rogene, she has both advantages. She exceeded her fundraising goal. Tune in July 15 for the financial results of all the candidates. This fund would be used for more yard signs, hosting Candidate receptions in the community, participating in more parades and passing out candy and awesome "I'm a Rogene Calvert" fans...


In the next few weeks I'll be putting on my party planning hat to host a Meet-and-Greet with some of my friends in the Houston area. I first met Rogene when she was directing the Mayor's Youth Council. It'd be nice to have a reunion with the current and former MYC members and see how that experience has influenced our lives. Email me if you want to join the planning committee! Cindy (at) RogeneCalvert.com

For me, I've never strayed too far from state and local politics. In time, I'll be running for elected office near you. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment